---Sponsored Links---

Sunday, April 26, 2009

How to install Ubuntu on Windows 7 beta?

On my laptop I have runned windows 7 beta.Because I need to do work in ubuntu,I want to install ubuntu on windwos 7.But I can not find the way how to install ubuntu.

This is what you are searching for answers.I tell you that do not install Ubuntu on Windows 7 necessarily.
If you have two primary partitions,on partition A install Windows 7 and on Partition B install Ubuntu.So you run them along side each other.

If you can't boot Windows 7 after installing Ubuntu.Please Follow these steps below in ubuntu:
Choose Applications > Accessories > Terminal
then enter the command:
sudo gedit /boot/grub/menu.lst
This command help you open menu.lst file like Notepad,and you add these lines at the end(note if you have Windows installed in C):

title windows 7 (Loader)
root (hd0,0)
savedefault
makeactive
chainloader +1

and save the file by using the command " :wq ".

If you have any question for help,please visit ubuntu forums.

No comments:

Post a Comment